This instruction / checklist is intended for use in upgrading your Quality Management System (QMS) for the transition from the AS 9120 Rev A to the AS 9120 Rev B revision for Quality management systems used by distributors in the aviation, space, and defense industries. The standards are compatible with each other and have common requirements.
Begin with this fully documented AS9120 Rev A to Rev B Quality Manual Upgrade that has been used for successful registrations across the globe. You will appreciate its ease of use – simple yet thorough. Why make it complicated?
When you have questions, our experts are only an email away.
The detailed instructions focus on the areas of the documentation required for the AS 9120 B QMS.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous AS 9120 A.
- Use a copy of the AS 9120 B standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- document containing instructions as described in “Features”
Which version is right for me?
Choose AS9120B to create a new AS9120B 2016 Quality Management System
Choose AS9120A-to-B if you have AS9120A, as the included instructions will simplify how to transition your old QMS to the new structure.
Choose ISO 9001:2015-to-AS9120B if you have ISO 9001:2015 and wish to achieve AS9120B by adding on to your existing QMS.
If you plan to reconfigure your existing quality manual and procedures to meet the AS9120B 2016 standard, use Upgrade Instructions to create everything on your own. They will tell you where to make the changes but will NOT provide templates or new verbiage on the new requirements.