What is Root Cause Analysis (RCA)? Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action leads the learner through a four-step process for uncovering and tackling sources of problems and defects so that root causes can be addressed and the resulting problems eliminated for good.
In this course, learners will be prepared to:
- Establish an effective team environment.
- Clarify what the problem is and is not.
- Start a trail to the root cause starting with symptoms of the problem.
- Use data and investigative tools to identify the root cause.
- Employ decision matrices to select the most appropriate solution.
- Initiate measure to ensure the gains made are held.
- Recognize common barriers to root cause analysis and apply techniques to overcome those barriers.
Operators, engineers, supervisors, and managers and all other personnel who participate in root cause analysis. Approximate Time To Complete – 5 Hours
Root Cause Training Course Includes:
- Online Training Course
- Reference Guide PDF
- Audio & Media
- Printable Certificate
- Introduction – Root Cause Analysis Overview
- Overview of Root Cause Analysis
- Preview of Lessons 1 through 4
- Lesson 1 – Form & Focus the Team
- Form a team
- Focus a team
- Understand the problem
- Lesson 2 – Find the Root Cause
- Create a cause & effect diagram
- Explore chains of causes
- Study interrelationships
- Use data analysis & investigative tools
- Identify root cause
- Lesson 3 – Fix the Root Cause
- Propose potential solutions
- Select the “best” solution
- Conduct a reality test
- Develop Action Plan to implement solution
- Verify the solution
- Lesson 4 – Finalize the Solution
- Validate the solution
- Update documentation
- Start Audits
- Transfer knowledge
- Lesson 5 – Overcoming Barriers
- 10 barriers to Root Cause Analysis with potential remedies
- Challenge – Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action (Test)
- An assessment of the learner’s understanding of the body of knowledge.